Table of Contents
- 1 What do you need to know about cleaning your water dispenser?
- 2 Special Offer
- 3 How to clean a water cooler?
- 4 How often should you clean the water dispenser?
- 5 The final note
You have put a water dispenser in your office or home to ensure hydration—a brilliant way to a healthy lifestyle. To make sure the dispenser is working properly and lasts a long time to provide healthy water, you need to keep it clean. Did you know that microbes adore moisture, and there could be some in your water cooler waiting to find a way inside your body?
Tahoe Springs Water explains how to clean your water dispenser, the tips you need to know so as to guarantee your health.
What do you need to know about cleaning your water dispenser?
You need to know a few points before you clean the water dispenser. If you make your solution to clean the dispenser, remember wearing;
- Safety glasses with side shields.
- Smock or waterproof apron
You should wait until the bottled water gets is empty then clean the water dispenser.
Using chemicals to clean the water dispenser
If you want to use a chemical to clean, disinfect or descale the water dispenser, ensure;
- It’s verified to be used on food surfaces.
- Use the appropriate concentration not to hurt anyone’s health
- The chemical has stored properly
- Dispenser is cleaned and flushed out completely after cleaning
Make up your mind on which solution you want to use. Bleach and white vinegar are effective and safe to rid the dispenser of any mold or mildew or killing germs. Tahoe Springs Water doesn’t recommend soap or other chemicals as they might impact the taste of your bottled water.
Click on the link below or call us to enjoy the special offer to get “4 bottles of 5 gallon water” free delivered to you with no obligations, no long term contract, just high quality, and delicious drinking, spring, or alkaline water.
How to clean a water cooler?
Cleaning a water dispenser doesn’t include as much trouble as you might have thought. Wait until the water is empty, then gather the required items you need cleaning the dispenser;
- Hot water (3 cups)
- A container or bucket
- Cleaning Solution (bleach, vinegar, or mildew removing solution).
- A microfiber cloth
- A gallon jug or a pitcher
- 1 cup of distilled white vinegar
The process to clean the water dispenser is as follows;
- First, turn off and unplug the water dispenser and remove the bottle.
- Use the cold tap to drain the remaining content of the cooler into your container. Bear in mind that this water is still drinkable.
- You might need to remove the water guard from the inside of the dispenser if needed.
- Remove the plastic or metal disc that gets called the baffle.
- Now, wash the baffle or water guard using warm water and dishwashing liquid. You could also just wash it like you wash the dishes.
- Once washed completely, rinse the baffle or water guard and ensure the solution gets removed.
- Mix the hot water and one cup of distilled white vinegar, then pour the mixture onto the cooler’s reservoir. If your skin is sensitive or allergic, use gloves.
- Use the microfiber cloth and the solution to clean the inside of the reservoir. Then drain the solution from the reservoir into the container or bucket.
- Rinse the reservoir twice with clean water. Now you can return the water guard or baffle to the dispenser.
- On the final step, put a new bottle of water into the dispenser and plug it in.
Note; Remember that the above instructions are a general list. You might have to follow different ones depending on your water cooler. The manual guide helps you to know how it works. That is helpful.
Do you need to clean the outside of the water dispenser?
The answer depends on your preferences. But think of all the touch the dispenser gets on those taps. The good point is that cleaning them is easy as pie.
- Microfiber cloths
- Distilled white vinegar
- Dishwashing liquid (mild one is better)
The process is as follows;
- First, you need to unplug the dispenser.
- Remove the taps from the dispenser and wash them in the sink using warm water and dishwashing liquid.
- Use a microfilter to wipe the tray and taps and tray dry.
- Spirits the outside area of the cooler with the vinegar. Then use a microfiber cloth to wipe the vinegar.
- Return the removed taps and put them in their places.
- Plug the dispenser in and check if it’s working properly or not.
How often should you clean the water dispenser?
You should clean the water dispenser every six weeks. Some experts recommend that you clean it every time you put a new bottle of water on it. You can decide the times cleaning the dispenser by;
- The times you use the dispenser
- The type of filter used on the dispenser
You need to know that a reverse osmosis filtration system requires less regular cleanings. You can use such filters for one year without cleaning them. However, you would better clean the drips and dispensing taps more frequently.
People often use vinegar to clean the dispenser as it’s a natural sanitizer and leaves toxic chemicals behind.
The final note
The water dispenser you use in your home or office is ideal for accessing clean, healthy water. However, it could become dirty and need cleaning.
The article explained how to clean the water cooler safely. You might use chemicals that influence the water and have heavy consequences on your health. So you need to be extra careful with it.
If you want to ensure your hydration, Tahoe Springs Water provides the best water delivery in the area. We have provided the best alkaline, purified drinking, and spring water in Las Vegas since 1991. You could also receive the best water dispensers in the area with no contract or long-term obligations.
Contact us at +725-999-6968 to order your water now.